Thursday, April 16, 2020

Friday 17th April - Home Learning During Covid-19

Hi Everyone in Room 4

I am so happy to see lots of Room 4 students joining our daily Google Hangout meeting to share what they are grateful for and the things they have been learning while they are at home.  Room 4 students are excellent at writing recounts and sharing them with others. Here are three recounts written by three Room 4 students in the first week of our learning from home during covid-19.



Renei's Recount

Hi this is Renei live in the lounge.
During week 9 New Zealand went into lockdown because of covid-19,covid-19 is a very bad virus most people are anxious/worried that is why 1 member in your house or car will go into the supermarket.

Being in a lockdown is boring for me, why you might ask?
because you can't go anywhere or you can't play with your friends and you can't go to your friends house.

Then something hits your brain, those things or words you say. I feel so bored that I want to go back to school and play with my kind friends and we also have a lot of learning to do. some people don't like school and some people do.
Thank you for reading my recount.


Malachi's Recount


My Holiday

On the holiday I did an Easter Egg hunt with my brother,sister,mum and dad.There were lots of clues the first clue was in a red shoe, and all the clues had Easter eggs,lollies and stuff and my dad was recording the hole thing.One day me and my friends from church, got to see each other on Zoom, it was like Sunday school.We also have online church, and bible study every Sunday and Wednesday.I got to play pole tennies with my dad and brother,stayed in bed, sleep in, play on my table with Jeremiah and that was my holiday. 





George's Recount




Alilia's Recount 







Monica's Easter Hunt

This year Easter was spent with my family at home,We had a Easter hunt where my mum 
had a map ready to find our Easter eggs,One Easter egg was on top of the BBQ and 
one was on the front door step. After our Easter hunt we had a Delicious feast of Hangi with salads and other yummy dishes.






5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the interesting read Rm 4. I too have been a little bored Renei. I have managed to complete a couple of jigsaw puzzles. I also hid and then ate far too many easter eggs, Malachi and George.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome recount Alilia...you have a lot of factual information and specific processes to follow to help keep everyone safe. Did Sunipa help you video it it? I wonder if you could make it into news broadcast for your local community. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adventure you and your siblings had George...and what a reward at the end - Easter Eggs! What was your favourite egg George?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be lovely to see the video of your Easter Egg hunt Malachi - maybe Dad could send it in to Mrs Devi? We too do church on line and we had a quiz with our church friends on zoom on Easter Monday. It was great, but not quite the same as seeing everyone for real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Renei - your recount reminded me of the 6 o'clock news bulletin. I appreciate that being at home can be boring, but I know that you know it's the safest place to be right now. You are doing so well being in the hangouts and learning on line, I am very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete